2017 Pumpkin Chunking Competition Rules
- Energy source – gravity power ONLY. No explosive, compressed gas, mechanical springs, gas springs, or kinetic energy sources allowed. An electric winch can only be used to raise weight to its firing position.
- Footprint – maximum width 8 feet, maximum length 24 feet (without throwing arm in position).
- Anchorage – if not secured to a trailer, machine must be anchored to ground with pegs, spikes, or similar staking methods to prevent unintended movement during loading or firing.
- All team members must wear safety glasses & full shoes (no sandals).
- There is no entry fee, website registration strongly suggested
- Projectiles (supplied) will be golf balls
- Target will be at a distance of 40 yards
- $25 entry fee after January 1, website registration required
- Projectiles (supplied) will be 3.5 pound pumpkins
- Target will be at a distance of 70 yards
- $100 entry fee after January 1, website registration required
- Projectiles (supplied) will be 7 pound pumpkins
- Target will be at a distance of 100 yard
|Middle School||3:00 – 4:00||3:00 – 4:00||4:00 – 4:15||4:15 – 4:30|
|High School||12:00 – 3:00||1:00 – 3:00||4:35 – 5:15||5:45 – 6:15|
|Adult||12:00 – 3:00||1:00 – 3:00||5:15 – 5:45||6:15 – 6:45|